and they say lindsay lohan is a rebel...

20090428

Little Balenciaga Blazer and A Voguette's Guide to Stay Fabulous


Well, finally I got the chance to update my brand new blog. Just to catch up with you guys, last Sunday I went to Orchard Road for some sightseeing. My initial plan was to let my friend Agia discern a bag in Zara that I though of buying for its texture is similar to that of a Balenciaga striped lariat. Well, he liked the bag. However, the price hindered me from buying that piece of beauty. He recommended me to try on zooming the kids department of Zara. I know it sounded crazy. But I remember once reading a blog about a young teenager who works at a Marc Jacobs kids store and use the resources to gain ‘notoriety’ in her ‘fashion statement’. So, why not? As I was skimming through racks and piles of stuffs there, I wasn’t that interested. I was turned off by the petite sizes. However, I stumbled upon a hooded jacket. The basic shape of the jacket is similar to that of a Balenciaga jacket I once lusted over seasons ago. I was even happier to found out that the hoodie-cap in the jacket is attachable so I could just as well wear the blazer. I consider this purchase as a treasure find, because Zara kids is considerably cheaper than the adult counterpart and this particular jacket is smashing, and is similar to Balenciaga, a little bit Ralph Lauren meets Ed Westwick(very college preppy that’s what I mean). So here is the pic to satisfy your craving for some nice ala-Gossip Girl dressing:p

The jacket viewed from the front


Ed Westwick and all his prep-style glory serve as an inspiration

This Fall 07 Balenciaga jacket launches a thousand imitators, and a trip down Zara Kids:p

The jacket viewed from the back

The buttons for the attachable hood-cap

The look of the jacket with the hood-cap attached


And, on the side note, I also bought American Vogue. I usually settle for American Bazaar and the various avant-garde magazine(the bi-annual LOVE, the countless V-man and stuffs). However, this particular issue is the special model’s issue. Last time we common person settle for the model issue, it was 2 years ago and me and my friend Agia share the purchase of Vogue model’s issue and an ordinary issue of Harper’s Bazaar. When it comes to who settles for what, he decided to take the Vogue with him. What a lucky bitch he3(kidding)! Since I that time do not have the knowledge that this model issue comes practically ‘once every lifetime’, I have to mend my magazine collection with a banal issue of Bazaar.
Now I wouldn’t miss that chance to buy the model’s cover edition. Coinciding with the Model as Muse exhibition at the MET gala, Lara Stone and Isabeli Fontana, two of the hottest model in the industry pose side-by-side in an inset for the cover of Vogue. What a hot mess that is!!! I mean, Lara and Isabeli are for me the epitome of model, the most exotic looking woman and the most high-fashion in the industry. Their look is not as alien as that of Iekeliene Stange, but they managed to be otherworldly while still maintaining their pretty. Just look at those gorgeous Lara cheekbone! Never in a million years a creature is created near perfect as that! So here are some beautiful models airbrushed to perfection for Vogue

Vogue lying in my bed:)

Two of the most gorgeous looking creature on Planet Meisel:>

That's all from me as of now. Can't wait to wear the jacket. I am thinking to do a whole preppy Gossip-Boy look, and I'm also thinking of a more Ralph Lauren womenswear kind of way, with harem pants and oversized vintage shirt:)...Stay tuned and have a good day everyone:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
lover of finer things in life, especially fashion. will do anything to be a muse for Alexander Wang or Marc Jacobs...