and they say lindsay lohan is a rebel...

20090429

What I'll Do on Easter Weekend



OK, here is my submission for the third blog entry. Last Easter, I got the chance to go back home to Jakarta. I was so excited to see Jakarta. The lovely city has grown to be a very hip town, with new places popping all over the lovely town – So rapid is its growth that only in 2 and half months(I last peeked the glory of the city during the Chinese New Year) we suddenly have all these lovely places to choose. So, me and my beloved friends decided to hang out in 3 places, which was Loewy, Social House, and Indochine.

1. Indochine
This trip to Indochine which is located at (as I remember) the 8th floor of FX was kind of like a little reunion, with my junior high friends showing up for the gathering and reliving the old silly days. As some Singaporeans might know, Indochine is really big here but in Indonesia, the trend just started to grow. However upon noticing the place, I took the pride in saying that Jakarta’s Indochine is far better. First, the place is two-dimensional(it has one romantic dinner-y area and a lounge complete with dancefloor). Secondly, the ambience is so much better and the price is slightly cheaper. Without blabbering any longer, I would showcase you some of the pic from Indochine and the dress I wore that day

I am wearing: (Inspiration: somewhere along the lines of Kurt Cobain and Kate Moss he3)
1. A vintage flannel shirt from Pasar Senen
2. Cheap Monday skinnies
3. Sandal from Raoul
4. A bag I bought in Far East Plaza(It reminded me of the Mulberry Bayswater – slightly – and plus the color is quite gorgeous, nori green he3)
5. Marc by Marc Jacobs Tenacious-D Ring(somehow I lost the padlock while eating at Prata House in Bishan – delicious prata though he3)
6. Some rings from a bazaar in Menteng Pravda, Cikini
7. Various bangles from Bali(worn thorough)
8. A wayfarer inspired reading glasses I got in Bugis Market(I lost the distro-bought one such a long time ago, so sad. Anyhow, this one is a wee bit bigger)(and worn thorough)


3 babis and me, looking haute and happy

do you say cheers or fierce?

Galloping in Indochine

the highlight is in the bag, the green bag

jump, fabulous, jump

with ichul and naomi. please take a good look at the stack-em-high bangles and naomi's fierce leopard-print scarf, Sprouse-y no?

the big gathering

2. Loewy
It was a fun trip to Indochine. The next day, me and the 3 babis(my friend Inge, Tita, and Febri) hang out together for some early supper at Loewe in Oakwood, Kuningan. The place is relatively new. It has Koi(the venerable institution) food, and the ambience is very Cafe France, with Parisian Jazz music floating while you’re enjoying your peppermint tea with garlic frog leg(the item du jour that I surely would not order he3). It’s very chic, it’s very moody, and it’s definitely great...

I am wearing: (Inspiration: 80s random vintage look meets Sonny Bono)
1. A vintage brown velvet shirt from Pasar Gedebage, Bandung
2. A flannel thick cardigan I purchase from Pasar Gedebage, Bandung
3. Tailor-made oversize brown pants
4. Vintage Levi’s belt from Pasar Senen
5. Interracio(do I spell it correctly?) strap sandal from Pedro(a clear ode to the various Bottegas out there he3)
6. Vintage briefcase bag from Pasar Senen
7. Coral-rock ring from Forever 21
8. Blue watch from Guess
9. White leopard-print bangle from Forever 21(I am trying to emulate the various bangles look from the Madonna shoot for LV S/S 09 ad campaign by the lovely Steven Meisel)

Garlic escargot, duck roll with hoisin sauce, and Tita’s pasta(I cannot recall the exact name)

Some sweets: Creme brulee and triple chocolate melted cake, the best in the whole Planet Earth! He3

Loewy is cool, and so are my ladies

3. Social House
Social House, which I proclaimed as one of the best place to hang out or eat in Jakarta is indeed, marvelous. It has 2 sections: the dining area and the lounge. After some hearty supper at Loewy, we decided to hang out at Social House for some drinks and snack. We ended up ordering silly-named drinks and a pan of thin-crusted salmon pizza(Thanks God I met pizza, I rarely eat pizzas in Singapore he3). For your info, Social House is situated in the grand Grand Indonesia mall. The lounge area has no windows, therefore you can clearly feel the air from Patung Selamat Datang breezing through your face – moreover, it’s always great to have a photo-shoot moments at Tugu Selamat Datang without being anywhere near the humid weather there he3. Nice drinks, nice ambience, quite-loud music, and good friends made my night he3!!!

Pardon us flashlights, we only want to werq it...Look at the briefcase I’m carrying he3

Fantastic Four(well, so-called)

Outrageous view!

Inge’s dhoti Zara pants and intricate wedges are too good to be true...

That’s all from me. I do hope you have a wonderful day, and stay fabulous until my next blog outing he3...(sorry for the delay between the two parts of this full blog entry hehehe, busy2 he:P)

2 comments:

About Me

My photo
lover of finer things in life, especially fashion. will do anything to be a muse for Alexander Wang or Marc Jacobs...